There are some basic instructions for handling contact lenses correctly,
but it’s important to follow these guidelines and any additional guidance provided by an eye specialist:
- Trim your nails, ensuring they are rounded and smooth.
- Wash your hands and fingers thoroughly with soap and dry them with a clean towel.
- Use your index finger to remove the contact lenses from the lens case.
- Hold your eye open with your other hand’s thumb and index finger where the contact lens will be placed.
- Look straight ahead and gently and slowly insert the contact lens into the correct position.
- Allow the contact lens to rest in your eye, then blink slowly a few times to let it settle.
- Put your contact lenses in before applying makeup, and remove them before cleansing when removing makeup.
- Depending on the type of contact lenses, you may need a storage/cleaning solution and a lens case for storage. Follow the instructions.
- Do not clean contact lenses with tap water.